Pismo Beach Building Codes
The City of Pismo Beach has adopted new Building Codes effective January 1, 2023:
- 2022 California Building Code (Volumes 1 and 2)
- 2022 California Residential Code
- 2022 California Electrical Code
- 2022 California Mechanical Code
- 2022 California Plumbing Code
- 2022 California Energy Code
- 2022 California Green Building Code
- 2022 California Historical Building Code
- 2022 California Existing Building Code
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code
The new codes became effective January 1, 2023, and govern all projects that are submitted for plan check on or after the effective date. Permit applications that have been submitted and paid plan check fees prior to January 1, 2023, will be reviewed and permitted under the 2019 California Codes as long as the plan check has not expired.
Online access to the California Building Codes is available at the California Building Standard Commission website. However, this link does not include all applicable codes or amendments adopted by the City of Pismo Beach. The Pismo Beach Construction Codes and Amendments publication is a summary of a portion of the Pismo Beach Municipal Code that establishes the construction codes for the City, effective January 1, 2020. Only those sections of the 2019 edition of the California Codes and the 2018 edition of the International Property Maintenance Code that are amended by Ordinance No. 0-2019-008 are reprinted in this document.