The following benefits are available to full-time employees. The Memorandum of Understanding or Resolution defines the benefit details for each classification.
- Retirement: California Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) – Retirement plans vary between employee groups. The city participates in Social Security.
- Medical: The city offers both PPO and HMO medical plans. The city contributes monthly towards the medical plan, depending on the employee classification and level of coverage.
- Dental and Vision: The city offers dental and vision coverage. The city contributes monthly towards the dental and vision plans, with amounts varied by level of coverage.
- Life Insurance: Group term life insurance is provided.
- Vacation: Employees receive 10 days per year, increasing to 15 days after five years and 20 days after 20 years.
- Holidays: Employees receive 12-13 days per year depending on the classification.
- Sick Leave: Employees receive 12 days per year.
- Administrative Leave: A benefit available to management employees. The number of administrative leave hours varies depending on the classification.
- Deferred Compensation:Available for employees to set aside a portion of their salary on a pre-tax basis to supplement retirement. Management employees receive a city contribution annually; amounts vary by classification.
- Employee Assistance Program: Counseling and consultation service designed to help employees and eligible family members with a wide range of personal issues.
- Flexible Benefits Program: Available to help employees save taxes on: Pre-tax health insurance premium deductions, Unreimbursed / uncovered medical expenses, and Dependent care expenses.
- Optional Insurance: Additional optional insurance is available. Premiums are deducted on a pre-tax basis.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Education reimbursement is provided annually for job-related educational costs to employees. The amount available varies depending on the classification.