Who enforces the STR Ordinance?

The City is responsible for enforcement of the Short-Term Rental Ordinance (PBMC Chapter 17.113, Chapter 17.09, Chapter 5.22). A 3rd party contractor is used to help identify unlicensed STRs in operation in the City. 

Show All Answers

1. What is a Short-Term Rental?
2. What is a Homestay Rental?
3. Is there a difference between the application for a Short-Term Rental license and a Homestay license?
4. How are 'days' counted when regulating STRs versus long-term rentals?
5. Can I rent my ADU as an STR?
6. Do I need to live in my STR once it is licensed?
7. My property is in the correct zone, but I'm in a condominium or planned development, can I rent my home as an STR/Homestay?
8. I just bought a new house, when can I apply for an STR license?
9. What if my house has an existing, attached ADU, am I eligible for an STR?
10. Who enforces the STR Ordinance?
11. What if I know of an unlicensed STR/Homestay in my neighborhood?
12. I am renting my home on a month-to-month basis, am I subject to the standards and provisions of this ordinance?
13. Do I need a Business License for my STR?
14. What are the fines if a residence is operating as an unlicensed STR?
15. What is the difference between a Vacation Rental and Short-Term Rental?