- 5:30 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Council Chamber, 760 Mattie Road, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
- Interactive agendas, videos*, and minutes are available in the Agenda Center.
- PDF-format agendas, packets, and reports are available in the Access Pismo public records portal.
- Televised meetings are also re-broadcast on Government Access Channel 20 at 1:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., and 6:00 p.m daily, during the week following the meeting.
- Archived video of all televised meetings is available here: City Council Video Archive
Special and Closed Session Meetings
- Times and locations as noticed. Agendas published 1 to 5 days prior.
- PDF-format agenda packets and minutes are available in the Agenda Center. Audio may be available for some meetings.
- PDF-format agendas, packets, and reports are available in the Access Pismo public records portal. Audio may be available for some meetings.
Sign up to Receive Notification of New Agendas
To sign up to receive email or text message notification when new Agendas are published, please visit our Notify Me page.
- Ed Waage, Mayor (Two-year term ends 12/2018)
- Erik Howell, Mayor Pro Tempore (Four-year term ends 12/2020)
- Sheila Blake, Council Member (Four-year term ends 12/2018)
- Marcia Guthrie, Council Member (Four-year term ends 12/2020)
- Mary Ann Reiss, Council Member (Four-year term ends 12/2018)
Contact the Council / Submit Public Comment
The City Council may be contacted as follows:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail or hand-delivered correspondence:
City Hall, Administration Offices
760 Mattie Road
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
- Fax: 805-773-7006
- General office phone: 805-773-4657
- In person: At any public meeting. Refer to agenda for date, time and location. Comment accepted on agenda items before action is taken. Special meetings may limit comment to agenda topics only.
Please note that communications to the Council are public record. In the case of comment on agendized items, public comment will be posted online in Access Pismo. Each Member may also be contacted individually. For more information about contacting the Council and making public comment, please visit Contacting the Council.
The City of Pismo Beach is a general law city, governed by a City Council / City Manager form of government. The City Council is a five-member body comprising four City Council Members, who serve 4-year terms, and a Mayor, who serves a 2-year term. Following an election, the Council votes to appoint one of its members to serve as Mayor Pro Tempore for two years. All five members of the Council are elected by the registered voters of the city, from among the registered voters of the city, to represent the interests of the city as a whole.
City Council Members act as the policy-makers for the city, appoint the City Manager and City Attorney, serve on a variety of governmental, quasi-governmental and community committees, and perform ceremonial functions. City Council Members receive monthly compensation and some expense reimbursement.
All City Council Members are elected officers identified in Government Code Section 87200 and file statements of economic interest with the City Clerk's office. Copies of these filings (commonly known as Form 700s) filed by Council Members, along with other FPPC campaign filings, may be obtained from the FPPC or from the office of the City Clerk.
Compensation & Benefits
Ordinance O-2007-008 sets compensation rates for the Mayor and Council Members as follows:
- Mayor - $814.80 monthly
- Council Members - $514.80 monthly
- Mayor - $1,072.20 monthly
- Council Members - $772.20 monthly
- $55 for phone
- $40 for internet
- $150 for expenses
Resolution R-2009-079 establishes the Health and Welfare Benefit contribution for members of the City Council.
The Google Chrome internet browser works best for viewing interactive agenda content. To play meeting videos, Flash content must be enabled in your internet browser's settings. Please visit Adobe's Flash Player Help Page for instructions (see Step 4) on how to enable Flash in your browser. Please contact the City Clerk's office for additional information.