The City Council has adopted Resolution R-2020-053, adding the following measure to the November 3, 2020 ballot.
CITY OF PISMO BEACH
PISMO BEACH PUBLIC SAFETY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES PROTECTION MEASURE. To maintain police and firefighter service levels; reduce 911 emergency response times; protect local groundwater and beaches; and enhance senior programming and other essential services, shall the hotel/visitor tax be increased by 1%, paid by visitors, generating approximately $1 million annually, until ended by voters, requiring annual audits and local control of funds?
- Deadline for submittal of arguments for or against the measure: June 17, 2020
- Deadline for submittal of City Attorney’s impartial analysis: June 17, 2020
- Public review period for submitted arguments: June 18 to June 27, 2020
- Public review period for Attorney’s impartial analysis: June 18 to June 27, 2020
- Deadline for submittal of rebuttal arguments: June 29, 2020
- Public review period for submitted rebuttals: June 30 to July 9, 2020
- Election Day (vote on this measure): November 3, 2020
Documents and Forms
- Notice of Argument Deadlines
- Form to be signed by Authors of Arguments
- Argument in Favor submitted by Pismo Beach City Council