Goals & Goal-Setting
Fiscal Year 2024 & 2025 City Goals
Following extensive community outreach and engagement, the Council incorporated the community’s input to set City goals for Fiscal Years 2024 and 2025. The Major City Goals represent the most important, highest priority goals for the City to accomplish over the next two years, and as such, resources to support these goals will be included in the Fiscal Year 2024 & 2025 Budgets.
Our Vision for Pismo Beach
- Provide a safe place
- Maintain its small beach town character
- Manage growth effectively
- Enhance a vibrant tourist-based economy, while becoming a world-renowned tourist destination
Major City Goals
Maintain a Focus on Public Safety
Goal statement: Focus on providing resources toward ensuring the safety of the community.
- Build a state-of-the-art Public Safety Facility and enhance the Police presence in the downtown area
- Prioritize the recruitment and retention of Police personnel
- Support technology investments that enhance public safety
Water Supply, Conservation and Central Coast Blue
Goal statement: Sustain the City's water supply by completing Central Coast Blue and pursuing access to new, high-quality and reliable water sources; promoting conservation; and conducting public outreach and education.
- Implement Central Coast Blue, working with partner agencies
- Promote water conservation
- Pursue additional water supplies and options for storage
- Conduct public outreach and education
Community Character, Beautification, and Quality of Life for Residents
Goal statement: Build on the strength of our local community to preserve the City’s “Classic California” charm and ensure an exceptional quality of life for residents.
- Invest in neighborhoods including road, sidewalk, and park improvements
- Continue investments in sports courts and other amenities, including facilitating evening use
- Complete updates to the Local Coastal Plan, General Plan, and Zoning Code
- Implement community beautification strategies
- Deliver exceptional services to the public
- Invest in coastal access and bluff repair
Traffic, Circulation and Parking
Goal statement: Improve traffic flow and parking assets to meet the needs of current and future residents and visitors.
- Continue to work on downtown parking solutions, including acquiring additional parking assets, and adopt strategies outlined in the Parking Management Plan
- Complete and implement the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan, and maintain existing infrastructure
- Complete the acquisition of Dolliver Street from the state and make circulation improvements in accordance with the General Plan Circulation Element
Housing and Homelessness
Goal statement: Support regional efforts to address housing needs and homelessness
- Complete affordable housing projects
- Support and participate in regional efforts in a collaborative manner
- Invest in housing and homelessness assistance projects where feasible